Only available in the City Campus.
The English for Academic Purposes course is designed for students interested in studying at university, college or TAFE. Learn English skills that you can use in your studies in Australia or another English speaking country.
SELC has direct entry agreements with over 40 universities and colleges throughout Australia. Student can make an appointment with our Academic Counsellor to discuss their future study plans.
3 levels from Intermediate to Advanced
- Course length: 4 – 36 weeks
- 21 hours per week plus 2 hours optional conversation class and 5 hours of self-study
If you plan to go on to further study in an English-speaking environment, you should choose EAP. This course is designed to help you develop the language and study skills necessary for success at university, college or TAFE in an English-speaking country.
The course runs for 12 – 36 weeks and teaches the following skills:
* Academic reading & writing
* Vocabulary extension
* Text analysis
* Report & essay writing
* Study skills and strategies
* Listening & note-taking skills
* Grammar for study of academic materials
* Research project work
* Seminar/ presentation delivery
*SELC-designed curriculum specifically targeting academic texts.
* Interesting, challenging lessons based on current authentic materials (real English).
* Study of the culture of Australia and its educational institutions.
* Excursions to libraries, universities, and colleges.