Only available in the Bondi Campus
Now Evening IELTS available in the City Campus! Click here!
The IELTS Preparation course is for students who need to prepare for the IELTS test. Students improve their language proficiency and test-taking techniques through skills development and graded exam practice, focusing on each module and key task types. SELC is an authorised Pre-test centre, enabling students to gain practice using authentic IELTS materials.
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System. It measures ability to communicate in English across all four language skills – listening, reading, writing and speaking – and opens doors for people who wish to study or work where English is the language of communication. Candidates may choose either the Academic Module or the General Training Module:
- The Academic Module is intended for those wishing to enrol in universities and other institutions of higher education.
- The General Training Module is for those planning to undertake non-academic training or gain work experience, or is taken for immigration purposes.
2 levels, from Intermediate to Advanced (with the focus on the Academic Module; the Listening and Speaking sub-tests are common to both modules)
* Intermediate level: entry level IELTS 4.5; students aim for IELTS 5.5
* Upper Intermediate/Advanced: entry level IELTS 5.5; students aim for IELTS 6.5+
- Course length: 2 – 24 weeks
- 21 hours per week plus 2 hours optional conversation class and 5 hours of self-study.
Detailed analysis of the test format and task types for Listening, Reading, Writing and SpeakingCourse Features
* Guided practice using IELTS question types for Listening and Reading
* Exercises matching the requirements of the marking criteria for Speaking and Writing
* Intensive study of key areas of vocabulary and grammar of IELTS-related topics
* Practice IELTS tests every 2 weeks