A course that’s good for your English and good for YOU too!
It is for students who are at a strong intermediate level or higher.
This is a 4-week course of 21 hours per week, plus homework. Each week has a different theme:
Week 1: Health & Nutrition
Week 2: Sport & Fitness
Week 3: Alternative Therapies e.g. aromatherapy, acupuncture
Week 4: Wellbeing e.g. stress relief, meditation, Y
Who is the course for?
SELC’s newest course?English for Health, Fitness and Wellbeing?is for students who have an interest in health and fitness and would like to learn the practical skills and English they need to help them to improve their overall wellbeing. The course provides an excellent foundation for further study in these areas.
- Vocabulary of the body, emotions, food and nutrition, sport and exercise, alternative therapies and general health and wellbeing
- Functional grammar e.g. giving advice, talking about experience, giving instructions
- Computer-based lessons researching relevant topics
- Designing and conducting surveys and presenting results
- Authentic listening tasks on relevant topics
- Experience of practices such as meditation, relaxation techniques and positive thinking
- In-class talks / workshops by visiting speakers and professionals on topics such as Pilates, Y